Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Fair and Square

Author: Tasya 89C

Did you just turn your back at me,
Or was it me who flips my hair and walk away?
Was it me who ran away,
Or was it you who wanted me to?

I look up to the ceilings
Trying to write a different story.
You told me your feelings
and promised me eternity.

What everyone saw is that we held hands,
but truth to be told with just one glance
That I nodded when you ask for chance
but we're nowhere near to fair and square
Because love gives and love takes
That's what you told me and I believed

The memories hit, unrelenting and brutal
Never have I gone eerily quiet
They said first loves were like that
Making you feel insecure and helpless,
especially if they were unrequited
but now I've learned how to deal with it
So now, I've forgotten all the butterflies
I can live without you and can still smile



No comments:

Post a Comment